F
         leslie-my simple life. </script> <script type="text/javascript"> blogspotInit();</script><div id="space-for-ie"></div>

Wednesday, March 7, 2007


Officially 24 years old

Part 1:
Had a great time with my darling, he planned my birthday celebration yesterday and today! Yesterday he brought me to Oosh, an alfresco bar restaurant and it is located in the Tanglin Village area, on Holland Road. The place has great ambience, serendity and the food is good for it's price.


For starters we ordered Laugen Bun Mini Beef and Foie Gras Burger. I've never tasted Foie Gras before, and just for that small piece tucked in between the bun and the beef, it didn't leave an impression until i pulled the piece out and try to really figure how it taste like. I must say it's good, melts in the mouth!

Main course for me is the Pacific Dory, Thai Asparagus and Flying Fish Roe Butter Sauce. It was highly enjoyable. The servings of the dory were generous, and the sauce was lovely. I like how the roe was included in the sauce, giving it a bit of a bite while imparting a subtle flavour at the same time.

It was Grilled Chicken Thigh for my darling, I tried some of it and it was done nicely, very tender and was served with asparagus and mash potato.


To top off all that goodness was the Warm Valrhona Chocolate Torte with Vanilla Gelato which was also my birthday cake! The warm chocolate oozed out of the torte easily, and tasted wonderful with the creamy, sweet vanilla gelato was a lovely complement to the warm torte.


The night's experience was great if not for the slow service and the lack of coordination skills for the staff. One of the waitress actually said ok when we asked for the menu, and waited and she never came back! One must really not be in a rush to eat there because it is definetely going to be rounds of waiting from the time we reach(even though we reserved) till the time we asked for the bill.(YES, we waited too!)


After that we headed to Great World City to catch "Letters from Iwo Jima" and thanks to the time wasted at Oosh, we missed the first 30 minutes of the show. The show was long and quite sad to watch, what do we expect it is a war story..


Part 2:
I did not expect my darling to pop up at my house suddenly with sphagetti he made and it tasted really good, I love the meat bits!

It's really a blessed 24th birthday for me, darling thanks for planning everything!